Weekly Area Events Update
Great weekend at the RED BARN GALLERY & STUDIO! We entertained our 700th visitor, had lots of fun with the granddaughters of one of our dear friends, and began to carve our Herschell-Spillman Carousel Frog replica. A4E Artist, Becky Schellhaas demonstrated her unique talents this past Saturday.
Join us this coming weekend for more wonderful events! REMEMBER: the RED BARN GALLERY & STUDIO is now open Friday, Sat, Sun from 11AM-4PM. Also great news: the RED BARN ‘s season has been extended! We will now be open for all your Christmas Season shopping! Call 814-795-6888 for details!
Peace and Joy be with You!
ARTS FOR EVERYONE: WEEKLY EVENT UPDATE
CAROUSEL CARVING CLASS: Learn the Art of carving your very own Carousel horse in the manner of the classic hand-carvers! Beginning the third week of August, there will be an opportunity for a limited number of students to learn the Art from Master Carousel Carver, George P. Nowack., whose work is recognized internationally. An advanced class will also be offered for students who have taken the Beginner’s Class. Class size is limited. All classes will take place at the new RED BARN GALLERY & STUDIO. For a chance to participate in this unique opportunity, and for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 814-795-6888.
RED BARN GALLERY & STUDIO: “I Remember the Face,” a new exhibit of selected portraits by Ryan Hamilton, now through September 1. Located at the entrance to the Conneaut Lake Bark Park, Foust Road, Conneaut Lake, PA. Featuring the works of more than 24 local and regional Artists including the newest works by A4E Participating Artists. Bus tours and local schools are welcome to visit. Book your group’s visit early; tour dates are limited. Come on out and enjoy all that the venue has to offer, including the wonderful trails and vistas of the Bark Park. Bring your well-mannered canine companion with you! The Red Barn is open Fri, Sat, & Sun, 11AM-4PM. For information, contact (814) 795-6888 or email email@example.com.
OPEN STUDIO SPACE: . Now on exhibit: the incredible portraits by RYAN HAMILTON. A4E invites local artisans, crafters, and hobbyists to join us every weekend. Relax beneath our ART TENT…bring your materials, and work on your creations in our beautiful, open air location just outside the Red Barn Gallery & Studio. Meet our Artists, enjoy the incredible peace and comfort of our wonderful venue FREE!!! For info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPCOMING A4E CLASSES: Fly-Tying, Glass Sculpture, Spinning & Weaving. Fees vary with the class offering. Class size is limited. All classes will take place at the RED BARN GALLERY & STUDIO. For a chance to participate in this unique opportunity, and for more information, please contact email@example.com, or call 814-795-6888.
MEADVILLE’S HISTORIC MARKET HOUSE: New works by A4E Artists now on exhibit at the Gallery located on the first floor of the historic Meadville Market House. Selections include works by more than 20 A4E Participating Artists including the magnificent hand-spun weavings of Judy Hanninen, the crystal glass sculptures by Becky Schellhaas, and the most recent creations by Jan Werneth, Terry Werneth, and Carolyn Nowack. Also included are works by the newest A4E Artists, Karen Hoagland and Donna Donofrio.
GOODELL GARDENS (EDINBORO): The Homegrown Harvest Festival at Goodell Gardens will see its 8th year! The date for the festival is Sunday, Sept. 15, from noon to 5 pm (set up begins at 10 am, and cleanup MUST be done by 6 pm).
If you’re interested in vending at the Homegrown Harvest Festival, contact Amber Wellington, firstname.lastname@example.org, for a copy of the contract and rules & regulations. Contracts MUST be received no later than Aug. 1, 2013 to be considered for this event. Contracts with check can be mailed to: Goodell Gardens & Homestead, PO Box 156, Edinboro, PA 16412.
CAMPBELL POTTERY: Gary Spinosa’s show “Mystical Reality,” opens on Saturday, August 10th with a Reception from 1-3pm in the Stonewall Gallery. He will be showing; ‘Shrines’, ‘Stones’, sculpture, 2D work, and NEW work.
Show runs August 10 through September 8 and is Open Daily from 10am to 5pm. Campbell Pottery Store & Gallery, 25579 Plank Rd., Cambridge Springs PA. Store open daily 10 am to 5 pm. Information: Call 814-734-8800 or visit www.campbellpotterystore.com.
ERIE: “Perry 200 Tall Ship Celebration” (Sept 6 – 8th, 2013) Artists/Vendors wanted. http://www.flagshipniagara.org.
We know you’ve all heard about the Tall Ships Erie in September, but you may not have heard about the Tall Ships Festival Marketplace. It is expected that 60-75 vendors will be stationed in the Great Hall of the Convention Center where an estimated 70,000 visitors will pass. This is a great opportunity for any exhibitor to be a part of this momentous occasion. If you would like more information on how you can become one of these vendors, information is available at www.flagshipniagara.org, or by calling 814.452.2744 ext. 208.
RALPH MILLER JEWELERS AND GALLERY: Featuring New Works by: RMJ Jewelry Artists: Carrie & Liza Magee, Sally Griffin, Janice, & Daniel Niebauer, plus Oil Paintings by: Diane Wentzel Pierce, Watercolors by: Sally Griffin & “The Seasons” in Ceramics by: Palm Springs, CA Ceramic Artist: Greg Lee Carlson Plus “Art4Everyone” Artists: George Nowack, Terry Werneth, Jan Werneth & Rebecca Schellhass. For more information: Contact RMJ on our toll free number: 1 (888) RMJ-DIAS or via Contact at: www.ralphmillerjewelers.
TITUSVILLE: “Titusville Oil Festival,” Friday and Saturday – August 9 & 10, 2013. Parade on Saturday at 11AM, Fireworks on Saturday at Dusk. Downtown Titusville PA. DESCRIPTION: Annual Titusville Oil Festival event held in August with arts and crafts, vendors, flea market, auction, live music, brew festival, family activities, 5K race, parade (on Saturday), fireworks (on Saturday) and more. Vendors Wanted! CONTACT: Titusville Area Chamber of Commerce, 814-827-2941. WEBSITE: www.TitusvilleChamber.com.
3RD STREET GALLERY: Presents Roger Barbour & Friends. Please join us for an afternoon of music featuring Roger Barbour on trumpet & flugel horn, with Mark Strickland on piano, Miles Jackson on upright bass, Vince Taglieri on drums. Special guest Barbara Ray on vocals. August 18, 2013, 3:00 – 4:30 pm, $15.00 at the door. BYOB. 3rd Street Gallery/220 Third Street/Carnegie, PA 15106/412-276-5233, email@example.com
PITTSBURGH GLASS CENTER: “Lifeforms” 7/5/2013 through 11/17/201. This remarkable exhibition is inspired by Rudolf and Leopold Blaschka’s glass biological models made in the 19th and 20th centuries for Harvard University’s museums. This exhibit features pieces by artists from around the world and includes contemporary flameworked models, cast impressions, blown renditions and an actual fish cast in glass. For more information, call (412) 365-2145
THE ART FESTIVAL ON WALNUT STREET (PGH. Walnut Street Commercial District): 8/24/2013 through 8/25/2013.
Walnut Street will transform into a living, breathing art gallery with 150 exhibitors from around the nation for the annual festival. Each participating artist is hand-selected from hundreds of applicants to ensure a first-class festival with only the highest quality, original artwork. Visitors will have the opportunity to talk to the artists, learn about their art and what inspires them, and of course purchase original pieces. A portion of the proceeds benefit the participating artists. For more information, call Howard Alan Events at (954) 472-3755.
CARNEGIE MUSEUM OF ART: Garden Of Light: Works By Paula Crevoshay through 8/11/2013.Featuring nearly 70 fine art jewelry pieces by award-winning designer Paula Crevoshay, this exhibition showcases designs inspired by nature and created from precious raw materials, including gold, opal, sapphire, and incredibly rare conch pearls. From a magnificent orchid pendant to a tiny spider pin, these one-of-a-kind pieces celebrate the beauty and interdependencies of the animal, plant, and mineral kingdoms. For more information, call (412) 622-3131.
TRIA GALLERY (New York City):
firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone 212.695.0021. Open Tuesday – Saturday, 11:00 – 6:00. www.triagallerynyc.com
DESIRE AND RED WINE, A LIFE’S JOURNEY: A new and exciting book publication by A4E Artist, Victoria Norvaisa, now available at the A4E Market House Gallery, Market Street, Meadville PA ., and at the Red Barn Gallery & Studio, Conneaut Lake. Get your copy NOW…Quantities are limited! Only $15.00! This exciting novel can also be ordered at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, or Books1-2-3 in soft cover or hard cover format, and e-books on Kindle and Nook Call 814-795-6888 for info. Also, check out Vicky’s new website: www.VictoriaNorvaisa.com
WEBINARS AND WORKSHOPS:.
- FOCUS ADVENTURES: Join Karen Schulman, Focus Adventures and Strabo Photo Tour Collection for a Photo and Cultural Adventure in 2014 Morocco –Bhutan –Ireland – Ecuador. For more information, contact/visit Karen Schulman, Focus Adventures, PO Box 771640, Steamboat Springs, CO. 970-879-2244, Studio or 970-846-3774, Mobile. Email: email@example.com
CALLS FOR ARTISTS/OPPORTUNITIES:
- Community Access Grants Now Open: The ECGRA Board of Directors approved another $150,000 for the third round of regional assets funding for Community Assets. Community Assets funding is directed to nonprofits that provide arts, culture, heritage, entertainment, and recreation-based opportunities for Erie County. Applicants can apply online at www.ecgra.org.
- Arts in Education Learning Lab: Registration is still open for the Arts in Education Learning Lab. The three day conference from August 11th – 13th is dedicated to exploring, discussing and supporting the uses of arts in education. Hear nationally recognized speakers Scot Hockman and Christine Fisher from South Carolina! Graduate credit and Act 48 hours available.
- Professional Artist Magazine: Enter the Second Annual Blank Canvas Art Contest! For a chance to have your Art published in their magazine. Visit their website to download the entry form. Then, print it out, complete your artwork in the space provided, fill out the entry form and mail to: Professional Artist, 1500 Park Center Drive, Orlando, FL 32835. Or scan and email to: Info@ProfessionalArtistMag.com. All entries must be received by midnight EST Oct. 1, 2013. The winner will be published in the Dec. 2013/Jan. 2014 issue of Professional Artist magazine.
- Artists, Paris is Calling You! This November, exhibit your work in an internationally publicized solo show at Galerie 66 in the heart of Paris. You’re invited to submit your best work to Art Takes Paris for a chance at $10,000 and your own exhibition, and an international publicity campaign promoting your work to over half a million people. From November 6 – 13, 2013 the Grand Prize artist and his/her work will be presented in Galerie 66. Paris’ 7th arrondissement is the most prestigious area of the city for emerging contemporary art and home to over 150 local galleries and museums, trafficked by thousands of art goers a day. To learn more, visit http://www.arttakesparis.com/?f=atp13_ac2#awards.
- Artist Instructors: The Studio offers three semesters annually of day, evening and weekend classes in contemporary and traditional craft media for adults and teens. Artist instructors interested in sharing their enthusiasm and expertise with students in The Studio are asked to provide a class proposal, samples of your work, and references. Instructors must possess excellent organizational, communication, and teaching skills. For more information or to submit materials please contact the Education Department at 412.261.7003 x 25 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BARK PARK VENDOR OPPORTUNITIES – 2013:
Fall Festival and Geert’s Canine Cancer Walk
Cost for this event is $25.00. Exact times not yet decided. Will include testing for therapy dog and AKC CGC, pawcasso dog paw painting, grooming booths, costume contest, fun activities, proceeds benefit Canine Partner’s for Life Service Dogs.
United Belgian Shepherd Assoc. Trials – September 27 – 29
Cost for this three day event is $50.00. Same set-up as Tamarack Trials in July. Additional event tentatively scheduled for Sunday, June 30th. More information will be available on our web site at www.conneautlakebarkpark.com
- First United Methodist Church of Andover United Methodist Women are seeking vendors for an Arts and Crafts Fair, set for 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 31 and Sept. 1. The event will take place rain or shine at the Ashtabula County Antique Engine Club’s grounds, 4026 state Route 322 in Wayne, Ohio, 3.5 miles southwest of Andover. To reserve a spot for $55 for both days, or for information, call Margaret Harvey at 814-282-5719, Dave and Bev Hanson at 440-293-7890, or the church at 440-293-6290.
- DEADLINE: Fri, August 16, 2013 LOCATION: NY: Un-Inhibited: Art by Smart Devices
Juried Exhibition, September 21 – October 20, 2013. $1500 in cash awards.
$1500 in Cash Awards. “Un-Inhibited” is a juried show that utilizes emerging apps, software, gadgets and technologies available on smart phones and smart devices.
- Allied Artists of America 100th Annual Exhibition: Location: NY. Call for Entries Allied Artists of America 100th Annual Exhibition November 8th to November 17th, 2013 at the National Arts Club Galleries N.Y.C. Open to all artists, Oil, Watermedia, Pastel. Graphics and Sculpture $24,000 in awards in cash and gold medals. Submission deadline September 10th, 2013 Exhibition Reception November 17th, 2013 For prospectus send SASE to Rhoda Yanow. 19 Springtown Road, White House Station, N.J. 08889 or visit www.alliedartistsofamerica.org
OPPORTUNITIES IN NORTHEAST OHIO:
- Leetonia Artisans Festival Committee is still seeking vendors for its 28th annual artisans festival from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 15 at Wick Park, Leetonia. Registration forms are available at www.leetonia.org. Contracts will be available for $40 for a 15-by-15-foot space for exhibitors and $50 per space for food vendors with a state-approved food license. The deadline for registration is July 31. The family-friendly event offers free admission, parking and local entertainment. For information contact Daniel Morelli at 330-427-6741.
- Calling All Amateur Photographers. Send your pictures of the Pymatuning Lake area to email@example.com.
We are looking for pictures displaying fun around the Pymatuning area. Camping, fishing, shows, and more apply. Please do not send any obscene and/or offensive content. If your picture is selected for use on our website we will add your name to the photo unless told otherwise.
- Senior Development Officer: Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Senior Development Officer is responsible for managing the patron and membership programs and special events of MOCA Cleveland. This position will remain open until filled.
- Society For Contemporary Craft: Exhibitions at SCC are scheduled one to two years in advance and are thematic or media specific. Most are invitational, however there are some juried opportunities available. Artists who would like to be considered for future exhibitions should send six slides or digital images, an artist statement, resume and support materials to: Kate Lydon, Director of Exhibitions, Society for Contemporary Craft, 2100 Smallman Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 Phone 412.261.7003 x 15. firstname.lastname@example.org
ADDITIONAL REGIONAL EVENTS
Through Aug 16. / DreamWrights Summer Creativity Camps.
From performance-focused classes to balloon twisting and puppetry, a wide range of classes allow students of different interests to be involved in the creative arts. The theater program consists of games and training designed to enhance students’ critical thinking skills and ability to work with others, build self-esteem and improve self-confidence. DreamWrights, York.
Aug 17. / An Evening With the Painting.
Visitors will explore the history of the genre of cycloramas and, in particular, the history of the Battle of Gettysburg Cyclorama. The presentation will include a discussion of the massive multi-year conservation effort of the painting. 6pm. Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitor Center, Gettysburg.
Aug 3-31. / PA Wilds Traveling Photo Contest Exhibit.
The winning photographs from the 2012 PA Wilds Photo Contest. From the Forest Gallery/Visitors Center, Tionesta.
Aug 16-17. / Bellefonte Arts & Crafts.
More than 100 juried artists and crafters, family entertainment, great food and free children’s activities. Park and ride shuttle service available from the Bellefonte High School. Talleyrand Park, Bellefonte.
Aug 16-18. / Think Outside the Shoe.
Art, photography and creative recycling. Participants may use a discarded item to make a centerpiece, wall hanging or decoration involving plants: dried, silk or fresh and ready to be saved for the winter. The Oldest House, Laceyville.
Aug 17-18. / 39th Annual Mount Gretna Outdoor Art Show.
See more than 250 juried artists in all mediums under the oaks of Old Chautauqua. Live music, food court, a kids’ show and more. Mount Gretna.
Aug 23-25. / 2013 Yorkfest Fine Arts Festival.
A weekend featuring 100 select fine artists from all around the country, a juried exhibition at YorkArts, free family entertainment and hands-on arts activities for all ages, a free community jazz concert in the Capitol Theatre on Saturday night, the Chalk Walk, youth art and literary awards, walking tours of the York Murals and much more. Free and open to the public. Downtown York., http://yorkcity.org/yorkfest
Aug 23-25. / Kinzua Heritage Arts & Music Festival.
Great food and great music playing daily, including native, bluegrass, old-time, folk and fiddling selections. The wooded glen will be filled with crafters from all over featuring many homemade gifts. There will be children’s games and fun for the whole family. Russell., 814-757-8257, www.kinzuaheritage.com
For more information on all events, contact George P. Nowack, at email@example.com or 814-795-6888 or find us at www.facebook.com/artsforeveryone. Tune in to COOL 101.7 FM on Tuesdays at 8:30 a.m. for complete updates.