- Jan 31 • Growing Vegetables in Containers & Raised Beds with Ruth Benner, Penn State Extension Educator
- Feb 7 • Butterfly Friendly Gardening with Maria Blakeslee, Penn State Master Gardener
- Feb 21 • Flowering & Ornamental Container Gardens and Beds with Ruth Benner, Penn State Extension Educator
- Feb 28 • Pruning Woodies 101 with Scott Sjolander, Penn State Extension Associate Educator
- Mar 7 • Garden Design for Homeowners Part 1 with Dan Dahlkemper, Landscape Architect
- Mar 14 • Garden Design for Homeowners Part 2 with Dan Dahlkemper, Landscape Architect
Six weeks of fun and informative garden design workshops will be held at the Lake Erie Arboretum at Frontier Park (LEAF)’s Education Center, 1501 W 6th St. Each workshop will feature a presentation by a local expert. Featured topics include: Growing Vegetables in Containers and Raised Beds, Butterfly Friendly Gardening, Flowering & Ornamental Container Gardens and Beds, Pruning Woodies 101, and Garden Design for Homeowners (Part 1 & 2).
The workshops are designed to help both novices and seasoned gardeners take their gardens to the next level. Over the six weeks, participants will learn how to grow their own vegetables and herbs in a limited space; plant a garden that butterflies can enjoy; prune woody plants for best plant health; and select containers, potting soils, fertilizers and watering practices needed for gardening success. In the final two workshops of the series, participants will be guided through the process to take measurements, develop concepts and create plans for their own landscape.
Featured presenters include Ruth Benner, Penn State Extension Educator; Maria Blakeslee, Penn State Master Gardener; Scott Sjolander, Penn State Extension Associate Educator; and Dan Dahlkemper, Landscape Architect.
Workshops run from 7:00-8:30 PM. Attendees may sign up for one, some, or all of the workshops! Workshop details and online registration can be accessed via http://www.leaferie.org/garden-design-workshops/ To register by phone or email, contact email@example.com or (814) 453-LEAF. Cost is $10/workshop ($8 for LEAF Plus Members).